This is a step-by-step tutorial to create a sleeping elf, gnome or Leprechaun using cold porcelain. (Hmmm...possibly another cousin to our mascot gnome! LOL) Instructions are in Spanish but there's many photos showing each step. Google can translate the page for you or you can just follow the photo examples.
Materials needed are:
- Cold porcelain (CP) paste (or other air-dry clay)
- Oil paints or acrylics to pre-tint the CP. You can also choose to paint the figure after curing, but pre-tinting usually works best. Suggested colors are brown, olive green, leaf green, sienna, ochre, a skintone, and lavender for flower, orange for mushroom.
- 2 Styrofoam spheres as armature for head and body
- White glue
- Paint brushes and clay modeling tools
- Powders for blushing and antiquing
- Felt tip markers for adding details
- Fabric or texture sheet for texturizing clay clothing
- Wood base to create a vignette
- Hand wipes to keep hands clean