This is a step-by-step tutorial to create an elf (or Leprechaun) using cold porcelain. (He bears a strong resemblance to our mascot gnome...maybe they're cousins! LOL) Instructions are in Spanish but there's many photos showing each step. Google can translate the page for you or you can just follow the photo examples.
Materials needed are:
- Cold porcelain (CP) paste (or other air-dry clay)
- White tempura is used to tint white CP, acrylics may be used
- Oil paints are also used to pre-tint the CP, acrylics may be used instead, if desired. You can also choose to paint the figure after curing, but pre-tinting usually works best. Suggested colors are brown (umber), green (leggings), blue (vest), a skintone, and fuscia for shirt. Of course, if you're making a Leprechaun, you might want to use some other colors.
- 2 Styrofoam spheres (#4) for head and body
- White glue
- paint brushes and clay modeling tools
- a wood base
- hand wipes to keep hands clean