The next step in the beginner doll tutorial from Giovana Garcia is to do some face painting.
- cured head from part 3
- acrylic paint
- dotting tools
- fine point brush
If you need to start at part 1, it is here.
Rough translation of steps in video:
- Paint flesh tone if not already tinted.
- Paint lips pink.
- Add blush to cheeks.
- Before painting eyes, artist cleans area with a bit of water on Q-tip.
- Use large dotting tool & white paint for eyes. Let dry.
- Use smaller dotting tool to paint eye color. Let dry.
- Use even smaller dotting tool to paint black pupil. Let dry.
- Artist then demonstrates removing eye with wet Q-tip & cleaning area if error was made. Important to let dry before re-painting.
- Paint lashes and brows with fine point brush
- Add white highlite to eye with smallest dot tool or toothpick.
Tomorrow is adding hair and final assembly.